CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sheee's baaackk....

Okay, so I haven't been around for awhile. I may or may not write more about it at another point, but basically I've been suffering from a bit of a depression for awhile, and I pretty much hit bottom. I started getting a lot of anxiety and had a couple of panic attacks and freaked out. Never really happened to me before, but it had been building for some time, and had several causes, I think. I feel like I just lost myself for awhile there. But the situation has been taken in hand, and I'm working to turn it around. I plan on getting back to blogging, because I really enjoy it, and it's one of the few things that I do just for fun, that is just for me and isn't for anyone else (although I suppose it's for your reading enjoyment as well).

I have been reading though. I'm on a vampire kick again. As I mentioned, I read The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros. It's only the second book I've read by Medeiros, and I enjoyed it, but much like its predecessor, After Midnight, it's rapidly fading from memory, so I'd best review soon. I also plan on reviewing Light My Fire by Katie Macalister. I got about 3/4 of the way through Divine By Mistake by PC Cast, and was totally into it. Then I put it down for the Macalister, and I haven't felt like picking it up again. Isn't it weird how that happens?

So I'm at work today, and I notice that Twilight is finally back in. But I was really busy, so I figure I'll grab it on my break. Twenty minutes later, and it was gone. Aargh! I shook my fist at the ceiling, patrons and coworkers be damned. I think I'm just gonna buy it. Oh and Rosario's review of A Hunger Like No Other has finally pushed me over the edge. I was not interested, but the reviews have done their work on me. I'm buying it. So that's where I'm at. In a vampire romance place.

8 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Glad you're coming out of your dark place. I've been there too but I kept blogging. It felt like the only place I could seem to get away from it. For the time I was blogging and reading other blogs, I seemed to escape life for a short while.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better - it's good to see you out and about. Sometimes you really need to get away and let yourself heal. Your friends will still be here when you come back.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back Devon and hope things get better. :P

dancechica said...

I didn’t really care for A Hunger Like No Other, but I seem to be in the minority with this opinion, as a lot of other peeps in romanceland really enjoyed it.

Twilight, on the other hand, I recommend. It was such a great read!

I have a review of both books up on my blog if you’re interested.

And I’m glad you’re back and doing better. I understand about depression. It sucks and really can intrude on your life. But I hope things continue to get better and if you ever need to talk or anything, I’m always here. :-)

*hugs*

Devon said...

Thanks for the well wishes everybody!

I'm on the fence about Hunger Like No Other, but I think I must try it.

Valeen said...

THe Vampire Who Loved Me is the second of a series? After Midnight sounds familiar but its very vague in my mind, wonder if I've read it? I picked up TVWLM awhile ago, but I haven't read it yet.

Glad you are back!

romancelover said...

Hey!

I've been suffering from the same lately...I haven't read a book in so long, too...can't when I'm in this state. I'm just not willing to do anything. Panic attacks...gosh, keep the paper bag handy (that's what I do) and take care of yourself (sure you've heard this a lot). Glad you're back.

- Daniela

Anonymous said...

Depression is a bitch. Glad you are feeling better!